Subject Alternative Names (SANs)
Multi-Domain SSL Certificates
Standard SSL Certificates secure only one Fully Qualified Domain Name. For total flexibility, a SANs SSL Certificate allows you to add up to 25“domain” or “server” names to be secured using the same single Certificate. This provides total flexibility and allows you to build an SSL Certificate that’s simple to use and install, more secure than a Wildcard SSL, and built for your exact server security requirements.
- Secure everything with a single SSL Certificate easier install and management
- OV and EV Options (GeoTrust only)
- Gets around technical and security limitations of Wildcard SSL
- Needs only one IP Address
- AutoCSR option
How can a SANs SSL Certificate be used?
You can include any combination of domain names, subdomains, IP addresses and local host names with a maximum of 25 "items" in total.
- Support secure applications for technologies such as Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Office Communications Server.
- Up to 25 Fully Qualified Domain Names (FQDNs)
If your company has different domains, such as abc.com, xyz.com, 123.com, or different top level domains such as domain.com, domain.net, domain.co.uk, domain.eu, a SANs SSL Certificate will secure them all in the same Certificate.
- Up to 25 multi-level Subdomains
Secure all your subdomains, even if they are different level subdomains such as www.domain.com, secure.domain.com, products.system.domain.com. All levels are supported.
Included FQDNs and Public IP addresses must be owned by the company named in the application. Select the SANs Option during the ordering process or order by phone.